Talk about innovation is in fashion. We must invest in r & d because it is work in the future. But in which direction? Do up, down, forward, back, left or right? I don’t know, better we will look at how to innovate the large.
It happens that Apple innovation is one of the most prolific and profitable but at the same time it is a complete unknown. No one has stopped to think how is not what is. Do you think if today we enter into his world a little? It has to be exciting.
You know that I usually place famous quotes or films and series, but in today’s post I would like to give it a twist. I have placed 5 quotes from relevant people in their respective fields of innovation and I will not say who it is until the end. You can go directly to the answers, but then the experiment would lose the grace.
Understanding what is innovation
Quote number 1: If you only do things which you know the answer in advance, your company will disappear.
Sometimes It fills the mouth talking about innovation. We must innovate in this and in the other. More innovation. Innovate there of course, that is the right direction. Bravo. But do we really know what is innovation? Would not it come us ill clarify the concept, we could say that it is the following:
It is the art of combining regular elements with innovative, such as the experience, the knowledge, technical means or technologies to reach a new result that gives us a higher value.
Therefore, we have the following magical ingredients in the recipe for innovation:
- Combining ordinary and new.
- What’s new can be knowledge, technical means and technologies.
- The ultimate goal is to get something that gives more value than previous solutions.
Interesting. So If you combine new technology with something already known but whose final result does not give more value than everything you had before, that is not to innovate. It will be better that we burn us in memory this nuance.
Why innovate is like building a House
Quote number 2: Predict the rain does not count, build the [Noah’s Ark] Yes.
More than 15 years ago I had the luck of seeing my parents house being built from scratch. Then I did not know it but I learned a very valuable lesson I think can shed light on the concept of innovation: innovation is like building a House.
Think a moment in the entire process of building a House:
- Opening of the ditch and foundations. Here is working with heavy machinery. Come huge trucks (you seem even larger when you are 12 years old) that charge taken off Earth by shovels excavators, authentic mechanized dinosaurs.
- Structure. This is my favorite phase, in just a few weeks to see how all the floors, cement columns and support which in the future will be the roof rises.
- Façade, windows and exterior doors. A too rapid phase in which it is very easy to note the progress of the work. The House already seems a House of truth.
- Inside. It is possible that labour has not reached even to half of the total progress when comes the time to complete the interior. There is that insulate the walls and floor, laying the floor of rooms and bathrooms, plaster walls, lift partitions, put gates, install water, electricity and heating and finally, painting the entire House.
This last phase is the most frustrating of all, because for that watch the work from the outside can not see any tangible progress. If in the early stages hardly passed 10 to 14 months, the construction of my house has been delayed almost a year more.
You do not see what’s going on inside doors does not mean that does not happen anything.
I remember how the progress of the work had stopped and that It was not so fun to go and see the construction. There was nothing new. Now understand it all, look from the outside is funny at first, but there comes a time when all the work is done behind your back and ceases to be visible to those who are outside.
Apple innovation, why play with us?
Quote number 3: I think you have to be willing to be misunderstood if you want to innovate.
Apple innovation is like that house building so many years ago. There are a number of things which are visible to those who we are out and others that are not so much or that directly we don’t know or there. If you follow Apple for a long time, you’ve realized there are these phases of innovation:
- The presentation of a new category is the climax of innovation from Apple. He looks back presentations from your iPod, iPhone or iPad. Each of them was something that met to strictly what we said before: combined new and existing to provide much more value than the previous paradigm.
- But after the storm comes the calm. There are whole months, years even, in which we do not know anything new Apple further than renewals of existing products.
Why don’t we see nothing? Because all the work you’re doing Apple is underway within their gates, at its facilities in the mega-secreto Ive laboratory or who knows where. The lack of new leads to media write the following headlines:
- Apple stumbles with the new iPhone: it is revolutionary or convince investors and China.
- Apple will again fall without Steve Jobs, according to the founder of Oracle.
- Apple needs more imagination.
This so-called slowdown in innovation gives rise to misunderstandings. For those who are out is frustrating, in the same way that envisaged disappointed the building of that House all those years ago.
Apple does not innovate, really?
Quote number 4: If you don’t have doubts is that you are not pushing strong enough or not looking at the details carefully. You need to feel that doubt every day.
If you are passionate about technology, follow the innovation of Apple can be boring at times. You look to your around and see how companies like Google are brutally open when they talk about innovation. Every week we know something new about Google, for example, its famous shopping of Robotics companies.
-Hey, dude, did you hear that Google has bought a lot of companies of robots?
-Don’t tell me! And for what it wants so many robots?
-I don’t know, would improve their terrestrial maps? Robotic Butlers who recommended you to fill the fridge with promoted brands?
-It has to be for something incredible, that there is no doubt.
This imagination that fly as if we had 10 years is not so obvious in the Cupertino company. Its secrecy dictates the pace of innovation at Apple and we don’t know what hides behind until one of its directors the stage and removed the curtain revealing the new product. Why it is so easy to say that Apple does not innovate, they stopped in dry or that Apple was wrong.
Apple has not lifted the foot off the accelerator at any time.
But keen eye can see (large and small) entries that reveal that Apple innovation has not stopped at any time:
- IPhone 5s.
- iBeacons and its possibilities.
- Apple TV not to incorporate new channels.
- Drivers games for iOS.
- MacBook Air battery-12 hours.
- Update free Mavericks.
- More free software with iWork and iLife.
- Payments with the iPhone and touch ID.
- Chip A7 as powerful as some desktop processors.
- Mac Pro.
- iTunes Radio.
- M7 coprocessor.
- MacBook Pro screen retina.
- iOS 7.
Who says that Apple does not advance, focuses on the ordinary of its innovation and says that it is more of the same. He who believes that that innova ve that has a value greater than all solutions before. The hands of Apple have not been idle, that there is no doubt.
Apple and Google, two poles opposed also in innovation
Quote number 5: We want to reach a point where the solution seems inevitable. You know? Do you think “clear what, why would it be otherwise?” It seems so obvious, but that feeling of inevitability in the solution is really difficult to achieve.
How many times has this happened? At the College, University or already at work. You are focused on solving a problem, comes a companion and it teaches you about the solution. Of course it was that! How not I’ve been able to see it before?
Google is famous for its moonshots, projects which are a toast to the Sun and that there are still waiting to ripen to provide that something different and of more value than before to be considered innovative. Often fails, but a few give the pitch and compensates for the lost effort more than.
Two ways to innovate: with a machine gun or a sniper rifle.
While Google makes us dreaming about the future, Apple brings him wrapped in a loop. The Cupertino used a rifle accuracy with which rarely fail, and when do them, correcting faults quickly. Their successes create industries, revolutionize the existing ones and change the lives of millions of people.
Personally, I love to see how they operate the movements of both giants. In the case of Apple innovation, there’s nothing like warm up some popcorn and enjoy the presentations. That no one bother me!
Here are the solutions to appointments:
Quote number 1: Jeff Bezos.
Quote number 2: Warren Buffett.
Quote number 3: Jeff Bezos.
Quote number 4: Tony Fadell.
Quote number 5: Jony Ive.
Startup Investing. Simplified.
Startup Investing. Simplified.
Download YAHTZEE Game For Blackberry Smartphone
Apple Roll and Pick
App Shopper: The Dice
Roll the Dice Download
ISTO King : Ludo Game 2018 by sohil kadevar
iFarkle (Ad Supported) on the App Store
Dice with Ellen
Apple Think Different
Cars: Maybe Not Apple’s Best Next Market
Why Don’t We Have an Apple Car? Infighting
This beautiful logo would look great on the Apple Watch
Dice & Hexagons
Family Game Night Snacks
Surface Studio another example of how Microsoft, not Apple …
Action Farkle Deluxe : Merry Christmas Dice Rolling Blitz …
Best wireless and noise-cancelling headphones 2016
This dice game has dominated the App Store charts for 7 …
FARKLE for PC and MAC