According to Zipcodesexplorer.com, the Republic of Costa Rica is a country in Central America. It limits to the north with Nicaragua and to the southeast with Panama. Its territory is bathed to the east by the Caribbean Sea, in which it has maritime limits with Nicaragua, Colombiaand Panama and to the west by the Pacific Ocean. Its capital, political and economic center is San José. The official language is Spanish.
Among Latin American countries, Costa Rica occupies the first place in the classification of the tourism competitiveness index, and the 42nd place worldwide.  Its human development index is the sixth best in Latin America.
Saint Joseph. Capital of Costa Rica, founded in 1737, its main attraction lies in its Spanish heritage and the mark that the occupation left on its architecture and customs. With an area of 170 km², this city is the most populated, it has about a million residents, it is also the industrial, commercial and financial center of the country, and the point through which all Costa Rican communications pass, so it is inevitable to visit it when traveling through the Republic.
Business center of the country, capital of the country and of the province itself. City with the highest concentration of population.
Before the arrival of the Spaniards to Costa Rica in the 16th century, the region was inhabited by Huetar Indians from Señorío de Garabito. Its culture belonged to the Intermediate Area and its main peculiarity was in stone sculpture and the elaboration of jade pieces. In the surroundings of the city of San José there were several chiefdoms, with the Virilla River as the boundary between the kingdom of Garabito and the Señorío del Guarco, the other important Huetar kingdom in the region.
After the Spanish conquest, the first population emerged in the current district of Mata Redonda, by Pedro de las Alas, on land granted by Governor Diego de Artieda Chirino y Uclés (1574-1590), who formed a herd there of cattle that later he inherited to his children in two farms: Mata Redonda and Las Pavas. In 1640, a Spanish woman named María de Aguilar owned land that adjoined the Los Alas herd.
It was founded in 1737 at the request of the Barva parish, in a place called “La Boca del Monte in the Abra valley”, around the hermitage of San José. In 1751 it was already mentioned by the name of “La Villita”, and very soon it became an important tobacco marketing center.
When independence was achieved in 1821, it became the center of the liberal elements of the country, and had certain rivalries with the city of Cartago regarding the options that were posed for integration into the Mexican empire from Iturbideto Gran Colombia.
With the independence of Costa Rica in 1821, a first provisional constitution was drafted, known as the “Pact of Concord”, which stipulated, among other determinations, the rotation of the headquarters of the supreme authorities of Costa Rica among the towns of Cartago, San José, Heredia and Alajuela. For this reason, San José was the capital for the first time from May to August 1822.
In 1835, the head of State Braulio Carrillo Colina repealed the Ambulance Law, establishing the residence of the Executive and Judicial powers in San José and the Legislative in Heredia. This caused the so-called War of the League, in which the cities of Alajuela, Heredia and Cartago rose up against the government in San José, which was victorious in October 1835.
In 1838, the then Head of State Manuel Aguilar Chacón repealed the decree of Braulio Carrillo that made San José the capital of the country, reopening the debate on the nation’s capital. In May of that year, a military coup brought Braulio Carrillo Colina to power as dictator, who had already been constitutional Head of State from 1835 to 1837.
After his rise to power, Carrillo ordered the transfer to San José of the authorities established in Cartago, and later issued a law confirming San José “forever” as the capital of Costa Rica, ordering the transfer of public powers., who resided in Heredia, back to San José. This law was repealed in 1842 by the de facto government of Francisco Morazán Quesada, but San José continued to be in fact the seat of the supreme authorities of the State.