According to ANIMALERTS, Sachse, Texas is a small city located in Collin County. It is situated just 20 miles northeast of Dallas and is a part of the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area. The city has an area of 11.2 square miles and a population of 26,000 people.
The geography of Sachse is comprised of rolling hills and prairies, with several creeks meandering through the landscape. The climate in Sachse is typical for the region, with hot summers and mild winters.
Sachse was founded in 1845 by William Sachse, who started a cotton gin on his farm in the area. In 1847, he opened a post office and established the town as Sachseville, which was later shortened to Sachse. In 1878, it was designated as a stop on the railroad line connecting Dallas and Greenville. This allowed for further growth of businesses in the town as well as increased population growth throughout the following decades.
The politics in Sachse are largely conservative due to its location within Collin County; it has voted Republican in every presidential election since 2000. The current mayor is Ken Shetter, who was elected to office in 2014 and re-elected again in 2018; he has served three terms total thus far.
The economy of Sachse relies heavily on small businesses that serve both local residents as well as those commuting into Dallas for work each day; this includes restaurants, retail stores, medical offices, and other services that provide jobs to many local residents who live within or near the city limits.
Sachse also offers several schools for students from K-12 grades including two elementary schools (Carpenter Elementary and Hamilton Elementary), one middle school (Sachse Middle School), one high school (Sachse High School), four private schools (Grace Community School, Northwood Christian Academy, St Joseph Catholic School, & Victory Baptist Academy) as well as several universities nearby such as University of Texas at Dallas & Collin College offering higher education opportunities to locals & visitors alike .
Finally there are numerous landmarks located throughout Sachse such as Historic Downtown Sachse which includes many historic buildings from its early days such as The Train Depot & Bank Building along with newly constructed eateries & shops offering visitors an enjoyable experience while exploring these iconic sites or shopping around town . Other popular landmarks include Firewheel Town Center which features a variety of stores & restaurants plus Heritage Park which hosts numerous events throughout the year such as seasonal festivals , concerts , movie nights & much more.
Population: 9,751. Estimated population in July 2020: 17,009 (+74.4% change)
Males: 4,856 (49.8%), Females: 4,895 (50.2%)
Zip code: 75048
Median resident age: 31.5 years
Median household income: $70,333
Median house value: $123,500
Races in Sachse:
- White Non-Hispanic (83.1%)
- Hispanic (8.2%)
- Black (4.6%)
- Other race (3.4%)
- Two or more races (1.8%)
- American Indian (1.0%)
- Vietnamese (0.7%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (16.3%), English (12.7%), United States (12.3%), Irish (10.9%), French (5.1%), Italian (3.0%).
Land area: 9.7 square miles
Sachse, Texas is a city located in Collin and Dallas counties. It is a suburb of Dallas and is situated approximately twenty miles northeast of the city. According to the 2019 US Census Bureau estimates, the population of Sachse was 24,619 people. The racial composition of Sachse was 75.3% White, 12.3% Hispanic or Latino, 8.2% African American, 3.2% Asian, 0.4% Native American, and 0.5% from other races. The median age in Sachse was 34 years old which was slightly lower than the median age in Texas which stands at 35 years old. In terms of education level, approximately 84% of adults 25 and older had earned at least a high school diploma while 34.2 percent had obtained a bachelor’s degree or higher which was slightly higher than the national average at 33%. In terms of household income, the median household income for Sachse was $85,948 which is significantly higher than both state and national averages making it one of the wealthiest cities in Texas due to its proximity to Dallas and its expanding job market opportunities within Collin County.
For population 25 years and over in Sachse
- High school or higher: 92.0%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 30.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.5%
- Unemployed: 1.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 30.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Sachse city
- Never married: 17.7%
- Now married: 69.8%
- Separated: 0.9%
- Widowed: 2.4%
- Divorced: 9.3%
5.5% Foreign born (3.2% Latin America, 1.2% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +4,363 (+81.0%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Sachse:
- BARIATRIC CARE CENTER OF TEXAS (about 5 miles; WYLIE, TX)
- LAKE POINTE MEDICAL CENTER (about 6 miles; ROWLETT, TX)
- BAYLOR MEDICAL CENTER AT GARLAND (about 8 miles; GARLAND, TX)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Sachse:
- DALLAS LOVE FIELD (about 21 miles; DALLAS, TX; Abbreviation: DAL)
- DALLAS/FORT WORTH INTERNATIONAL (about 32 miles; DALLAS-FORT WORTH, TX; Abbreviation: DFW)
- FORT WORTH ALLIANCE (about 51 miles; FORT WORTH, TX; Abbreviation: AFW)
Other public-use airports nearest to Sachse:
- GARLAND/DFW HELOPLEX (about 10 miles; GARLAND, TX; Abbreviation: T57)
- ROCKWALL MUNI (about 12 miles; ROCKWALL, TX; Abbreviation: F46)
- KITTYHAWK (about 12 miles; ALLEN, TX; Abbreviation: 0T7)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Sachse:
- THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT DALLAS (about 11 miles; RICHARDSON, TX; Full-time enrollment: 7,695)
- RICHLAND COLLEGE (about 12 miles; DALLAS, TX; Full-time enrollment: 7,352)
- EASTFIELD COLLEGE (about 12 miles; MESQUITE, TX; Full-time enrollment: 4,457)
- COLLIN COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-CENTRAL PARK (about 18 miles; MCKINNEY, TX; Full-time enrollment: 7,514)
- BROOKHAVEN COLLEGE (about 18 miles; FARMERS BRANCH, TX; Full-time enrollment: 4,711)
- SOUTHERN METHODIST UNIVERSITY (about 20 miles; DALLAS, TX; Full-time enrollment: 8,231)
- EL CENTRO COLLEGE (about 21 miles; DALLAS, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,359)
Public primary/middle schools in Sachse:
- SACHSE H S (Students: 1,469; Location: 3109 MILES RD; Grades: 09 – 11)
- B G HUDSON MIDDLE (Students: 1,198; Location: 4405 HUDSON DR; Grades: 06 – 08)
- JOHN W ARMSTRONG ELEMENTARY (Students: 688; Location: 4750 BEN DAVIS RD; Grades: PK – 05)
- ROBERT B SEWELL EL (Students: 654; Location: 4400 HUDSON PARK; Grades: PK – 05)
Library in Sachse:
- SACHSE PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $123,763; Location: 5717 MILES RD; 25,240 books; 394 audio materials; 1,171 video materials; 12 serial subscriptions)